Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bah Humbug!

I am so tired of this wretched weather! Yesterday it was cold - okay, very chilly - and raining and today it's very chilly but not raining and it's supposed to be June - hot soup should not be the first thing that comes to mind when you're thinking of supper!! Isn't this the month summer comes? I'm still using my electric blanket at night and the cats are very careful to choose sleeping places that are either above the baseboard heaters or very close to them. We had a couple of sunshine days in May, but they weren't warm, just bright. So I repeat BAH HUMBUG!

Okay, enough of that. I'm about to go have lunch and then I've planned a stitchy afternoon. Square 10 on my Patchwork Sampler will be the focus but I may stitch a little on my current small project as I'm almost ready to back stitch. That should make me feel much better.

2 comments:

Kaisievic said...

It is cold here in Melbourne, too, although for us it is the first day of Winter. Stay warm and stitch is what I say.

mdgtjulie said...

It's been chilly here the last couple of days too. I love it though. I'm really not the hot weather type. I much prefer the cooler days of fall and spring. And I'm afraid we're gonna have a really hot summer this year, so the longer it waits to heat up, the happier I am. Hope you enjoyed your stitchy time. Can't wait to see that you have a finish!!