Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 16

Went to Terrace with Denise - her vehicle needed servicing. It was a good drive - started under a light drizzle, ended under huge patches of blue and the day improved from there. We were at the dealership for barely an hour, then we went to Wal-Mart. We weren't there long, but they had a few items on sale that couldn't be matched here. Then lunch at Mr. Mike's (where I burnt the roof of my mouth on the stuffed cannelloni, but not badly, thank goodness) followed by Pennington's, Cole's Books (came out empty handed from both places which was a shock) and finally the Super Store just before we headed home. The weather was glorious all the way home, so at some point Rupert obviously cleared up. It was a great day!



My stitching rotation is going to be put aside for a while - I've picked up a commission to stitch a wedding piece that has to be done by the end of October. It's a Chinese couple in traditional costume with language characters in the background. I think it's a decent time frame, but it will require stitching every day. It's not being done on red though but white - 14 count Aida.





Grass

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
Shovel them under and let me work --

I am the grass; I cover all.


And pile them high at Gettysburg
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
What place is this?
Where are we now?


I am the grass.
Let me work.


Carl Sandburg
1878 - 1967

No comments: