Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 1

Okay, it's the first Friday of the month, so time for the update on my Friday project. The one on the top is how it looked June 10, on the bottom how it looked at the end of today. Much better definition around the eye and ear. I think as I finish the next couple of colours the coat will fill in more. All in all, I'm pleased with the progress.



Got taken out for lunch today at my favourite local restaurant - Cow Bay Cafe. The food here is always fabulous - they have one of those whiteboard menus because it changes every day. Never had a bad meal there. And it was so nice to catch up with Denise and Karen - especially Karen as I probably won't see her again until Christmas. She and Stan are off to Area 6 for salmon season, then over to Haida Gwaii for the winter doing PSP sampling.

Terrible weather for July 1 - cold, drizzle, wind - but there were still lots of people in Mariners' Park for the festivities and a continuous line for the tour of the Canadian Armed Forces boat that was here. It was cold enough I seriously thought of hauling out my electric blanket when I was ready for bed. And lots of people are, grudgingly, turning their furnaces back on. It's just ridiculous.

No comments: