Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

And July IHSW is History

I figure I had better do my update tonight as I'm opening Sisters tomorrow and all I'll be looking for when I get home after 1 is my nap.

Did get some stitching done although not as much as I had hoped. (Do we ever get as much stitching done as we wish?)

The first piece is a plastic canvas kit. This is before:


And this is where I stopped.



And this was the second piece I worked on - as you can see, I hadn't put in any stitches at all when the weekend started.


And this is the little bit I got done this afternoon. Oh well, a start is a start. It's the very upper left corner.



And this is a new chart that I picked up. I want to do it for a friend who is always muttering about doing in her husband of 30 years - usually about the same time she is planning some special treat!


So, not the most productive of weekends, but at least some stitching was done and I enjoyed myself. Sounds like a win-win to me!

19 comments:

tiffstitch said...

I would say "No, I never get enough stitching done either." :) Great work though, and love that new piece you picked up!

Carla said...

I think you did pretty good! Well done!

Claudette497 said...

That last design is hilarious! It looks like you made good progress, even though it's never as much as you wish..

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love all your projects! Great stitching!

Rita said...

I think you made a great progress this weekend! I love all your projects!

Karen said...

Love your work! So fun :)

Maggitle said...

Your dog on the canvas is real cute.
OMG, you are stitching a German map? Are you German? This seems to be a rather nice pattern but I like the one that you will do for your friend the most. Wonderful saying, smile!

Maggitle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Maiden said...

Congrats on your new start, that is always my favorite part! And I live the new chart you picked up, I will look at cards in a whole new way!

♥ Nia said...

Your dog looks so cute!! =)

Joysze said...

ROFLMAO!! I love the saying of your new chart. Everything looks lovely. I especially love the doggy kit.

mdgtjulie said...

Of course it was productive. Every stitch is one more done that you didn't have done before! It looks like you made a lot of progress to me. And on three different projects too. Great job!!! I love the saying on your new chart. It's wonderful!!

Brigitte said...

You were doing exactly the same during the last IHSW: a lot of backstitching. I don't like backstitching but the result is always wonderful when you see how the details of the design start to take shape. Looks great now, your little dog.
And for the question: No, I don't think we ever stitch as much as we want to. It could always be a little more, lol.

Maggitle said...

Thanks for the update Bea. That is very interesting!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Hello

Found your blog through Rosemary's blog.

That chart is just great!
Your stitching looks lovely.

AprilFoole99 said...

Nope. We never do as much as we'd like, and sometimes the finishes take longer than we'd like. But you made some progress, and even got a new one to do later! I love the Germany map. Looking forward to seeing progress on that one, for sure - it is going to look so nice on the fabric you chose!

Anne said...

Well any stitching is progress in my book! Love your new "Man" chart!!

Kasey said...

Love everything that I'm seeing!! You have such great projects going.