Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WIP Wednesday 10 June 2015


Got in a few good hours on the Wedding Sampler this week. This is where I left it a week ago.


And this is where I left it last night.


And you're probably going "Okay, you filled in the rest of the heart but that took hours?". Nope, that wasn't the time eater. Here's a close up of the corner.


Can you see them? All those honeycomb looking stitches around the flower and the head of the bird? They cover the entire background of the sampler except for the alphabet and personalisation boxes. It's ecru thread on ivory fabric and there is a LOT of counting so it's slow going.

However, I will take a slight break from that and do the back stitching on the flower, then finish the honeycomb around the bird so I can back stitch that. It's all progress, right?

4 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

It definitely has a fuller look, so it's working. Beautiful stitching!

Joysze said...

Bea, this is stunning!!!!!! I love the intricate work in the corner and those colors are to die for! (I love browns, hehehe)

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful..
So cute stitches x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're more patient than me! I don't enjoy background stitching. But doing a little bit at a time is a good way to get though it. And it does look lovely on this design too.