Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

I'm Home!


I'm back home - in my own space, my own bed. It feels SOOOOO good I can't tell you. I actually got here about 4 pm yesterday, but I've been busy unpacking, reading/sorting/dealing with mail and going to the bank. Good friend Denise did a little basic shopping for me before picking me up from the bus, so I haven't had to face the stores and don't want to for a few days yet.

My operation went smoothly and I'm healing nicely but I'm some sore and tired. I have the results from one biopsy already - no cancer, not even any pre-cancer HOORAY - with 2 more to come. I should be hearing from the BC Cancer Agency either Friday or Monday. If all clear, life goes on as planned. If not, I'm off on another path and we'll have to see where that goes.

I did get some stitching in, of course. Even incisions don't stop stitching needles. As I mentioned, I have finished Scotland.


That makes the four maps. Now, just have to decide how to finish them (frame or wall hangings??????) and get them off to Annabelle.

Then I started on a small New Berlin kit - Peace Dove.



Then there was so much thread left in the kit that I redid it, French version this time.



I think I'll work on my Oldest UFO for the rest on the year. And for 2013? January 1st I start an HAED SAL (my first HAED and I make it a SAL??? I am crazy.), a promised birth announcement - Precious Moments Noah's Ark - and continue with the O-UFO. Those are the big items planned. There will be smaller pieces - the ones I take to Sisters - but they will be whatever strikes my fancy when I need to choose.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope you spend a wonderful day with family and friends and know the joy of loving and being loved.

4 comments:

rosey175 said...

I think map stitches are so cool. Doesn't even have to be a real place, just a map is awesome!

How nice that a kit actually provide enough floss to make it twice! Both look so cute.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours~ :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so glad to read you got home for xmas! Lovely little stitches. I'm hoping for the best for you!!!!

Kaisievic said...

Oh Bea, so glad that the news is good. Sending even more healing vibes your way.

hugs, Kaye

P.S. Your stitching looks great, too.

Anonymous said...

Bea,
Happy your home and I hope you continue to heal quickly.

I love your finish of Scotland and can't wait to see it framed.

Sounds like you have great stitching plans for 2013!

Hugs!