Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aftermath

Well, most of the mess from Saturday is taken care of, with only a few things still spread out drying, but everything is still piled in my entry way as the floor in the store room has not completely dried out yet and the drywall has to be pulled off the ceiling and replaced before things can moved back in and restacked. Gives me time to rethink the room and whether I want to rearrange things.

My current stitching project is coming along nicely and I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the week.

And here's today's poem by Christina Rossetti

Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you planned:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

No comments: