Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WIP Wednesday 9 September 2015


Except it's not. No stitching at all this week. I think my blog will be very quiet for the next few weeks.

The good news - I have a place to move to! The bad news - I have to move! LOL And I only have 3 weeks to do it in, so stitching goes way down the priority list for the time being.

I'm really pleased with my new apartment. It's an adults only building, 2 storey with only 12 units in the whole building. It's tucked down a hill, so I won't hear much if any of the road traffic.

I have more space which is wonderful. The living room is larger, with a small balcony/deck off it. I have a proper dining area so my table and chairs won't be taking up a corner of the living room and the kitchen has more counter space and more cupboards. There are 3 bedrooms, all a good size and I've already designated one to be my craft room. It will be nice to have my stuff all in one spot and maybe, just maybe, I can actually organize it. It has a pretty good amount of storage space as well which is an added bonus.

Of course, there has to be one downer and that is rent - it's double what I pay now, but I knew that would take a jump. Means watching the pennies closer, but who doesn't have to do that?

10 comments:

rosey175 said...

Congrats on finding a place (with a crafty room, how exciting!) and good luck with your move. Can't say I envy you there! Organizing crafty stuff, that's like something out of dreams right? ;)

Pull the other thread said...

Good luck with the move and hope you enjoy your new home :)

Annie said...

Sounds like a wonderful new home! I hope the move goes well.

Vickie said...

The new apartment sounds very good except double the rent. OUCH!

diamondc said...

Congratulations on the move, paying a little more for lots more space is well worth it, and a craft room in an apartment is a plus.
You are moving at the right time of the year, not to warm and not to cool.

Blessings
Catherine

D1-D2 said...

Sounds like a nice place.

Tiffstitch said...

Sorry about the rent hike, but your new place sounds like it's worth it! I hope moving goes easily and congrats on finding a place you're happy with!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on finding a new home! I've not seen adults only buildings here. Are they for people of a "certain age", being tactful LOL. Otherwise I'd have thought you'd get more noise from music and parties and so on!
A dedicated craft room sounds wonderful too.

Brigitte said...

So great for you that you have found a new apartment. And you even get a craft room - sounds absolutely great!

Julie said...

Wising you lots of happy times in your new home.