Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Treats!


Cynthia came over last night for craft time and look what she brought me!


A brand new tea cosy and pad! Isn't it gorgeous?

The fabric is African cotton that I bought in Choma, Zambia in December of 1980. It came home with me (to Victoria, BC) at the time and has moved around with me since then, just waiting for the "right" thing to make with it. Then, in April, when Cynthia was looking for backing fabric for the two graduation pillows there was nothing in my stash (I'm not really a sewer so my non-evenweave stash is pretty small) so she used fabric from her stash (she IS a sewer and has totes full of fabric). I didn't think that was fair, so I offered anything she wanted of mine to replace what she used. This was her choice.

I was not expecting her to make me anything - after all she did such a fabulous job with the pillows - so this was an extra special surprise. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I love being spoiled!!

3 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwww so sweet..
it is so beautiful..
love xxx

Emma/Itzy said...

They are just lovely! You have very special friends to make you something so beautiful :)

Joysze said...

Those are so cool, Bea!!! :D And what a wonderful way to remember both Zambia dn Cynthia. :D