Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Well, the snow is gone except for the odd pile where the rain hasn't gotten to it, it's wet, windy and above zero. Now THIS is Prince Rupert! LOL

Stitched some more on the project I was having trouble with and got the head, arm and part of the robe done. Now I'm working on the wings which is more of the Glissengloss thread but I'm using shorter lengths and it's working up nicely. I like watching progress.

When We Two Parted

When we two parted
In silence and tears,
Half broken-hearted
To sever for years,
Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
Colder thy kiss;
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this.

The dew of the morning
Sunk chill on my brow--
It felt like the warning
Of what I feel now.
Thy vows are all broken,
And light is thy fame;
I hear thy name spoken,
And share in its shame.

They name thee before me,
A knell to mine ear;
A shudder comes o'er me--
Why wert thou so dear?
They know not I knew thee,
Who knew thee too well:--
Long, long shall I rue thee,
Too deeply to tell.

In secret we met--
In silence I grieve,
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive.
If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee?
With silence and tears.

Lord Byron
1788 - 1824

No comments: