Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

What a lovely Christmas it's been. Christmas eve I went with Denise and had supper with her and her sister's family and it was a wonderful evening. They are all incredible cooks, so the meal was scrumptious and the company excellent. She has a greatniece and nephew who are 9 and 7 respectively and they were SO excited about Santa coming. Grandpa found the website that tracks Santa's movements and that notched everything up a little more.

Christmas Day was quiet and I got spoiled by my friends, including a box of homemade goodies - apple sauce, squash soup, green tomato mincemeat, peach freezer jam and mincemeat tarts made with the green tomato mincemeat plus a section of fruitcake (not the kind that makes for bad Christmas jokes - the moist, rich, fruity kind that you can't wait to eat!). Heavenly! And Denise is so careful - she uses only the bare minimum of sugar when she makes things for me so I get to have treats and they never send my blood sugars through the roof. It's very special. And then I got invited back to her sister's home for a 'leftovers' supper. I'm not sure which is better - turkey dinner the day it's cooked or the next day.

Today I'll be going to my craft partner's home for supper which is a tradition of about 20 years. Cynthia is another terrific cook so I always look forward to this. And then we spend the evening crafting. It doesn't get any better.

Shakespeare again.

Come unto These Yellow Sands

Come unto these yellow sands,
And then take hands:
Court'sied when you have, and kissed,
The wild waves whist,--
Foot it featly here and there;
And, sweet sprites, the burden bear.
Hark, hark!
Bow, wow,
The watch-dogs bark:
Bow, wow.
Hark, hark! I hear
The strain of strutting chanticleer
Cry, Cock-a-diddle-dow!

from The Tempest

No comments: