Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Well, I've finished one more of my mouse pad inserts - SpringTeddy.









I have one more "seasonal" pattern to do, then another not connected pattern and I can parcel them up and get them on their way.

In my last blog I mentioned Sara, the little girl I sponsor in El Salvadore. I scanned her picture this morning -





It's not the best picture, but it's the latest one I have. She is 5, will be 6 in February and Ive been sponsoring her since she was 3. I was connected to her through Compassion Canada (http://www.compassion.ca) as I like the way they work best of all the organizations out there.

Have an appointment with the vet this afternoon for Snowy - I think he has an eye infection poor baby, the skin around the eye is all pink and there is an excess of fluid. Snowy does not like his carry cage, so there is always a lot of drama when he has to be taken anywhere.

And my dentist just called - my appointment has been moved up to tomorrow afternoon from the 9th. It's just a cleaning, thank goodness, so we might as well get it over with.

Jonathan Swift's

A Description of the Morning

Now hardly here and there an hackney coach
Appearing, showed the ruddy morn's approach.
Now Betty from her master's bed had flown,
And softly stole to discompose her own;
The slipshod 'prentice from his master's door
Had pared the dirt, and sprinkled round the floor.
Now Moll had whirled her mop with dextrous airs,
Prepared to scrub the entry and the stairs.
The youth with broomy stumps began to trace
The kennel's edge, where wheels had worn the place.
The small-coal man was heard with cadence deep,
Till drowned in shriller notes of chimney sweep:
Duns at his lordship's gate began to meet;
And brickdust Moll had screamed through half the street.
The turnkey now his flock returning sees,
Duly let out a-nights to steal for fees:
The watchful bailiffs take their silent stands,
And schoolboys lag with satchels in their hands.

No comments: