Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Well, we're hovering around 0 degrees and bits of snow are still falling. My hill is a sheet of ice, so I'm not going anywhere today. Denise and I will try again tomorrow to go shopping and I've cancelled my hair appointment, which is too bad as I'm definitely shaggy and my hair falls in my eyes when I'm stitching!

Speaking of stitching, I got in a good couple of hours on my oldest UFO and have almost all the full and half stitching done on the left side. Hopefully today I'll be able to finish it and get started on making the right side match. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the design is symetrical on a vertical axis.

Full Many a Gorious Morning Have I Seen

Full many a glorious morning have I seen
Flatter the mountain-tops with sovereign eye,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green,
Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy;
Anon permit the basest clouds to ride
With ugly rack on his celestial face,
And from the forlorn world his visage hide,
Stealing unseen to west with this disgrace:
Even so my son one early morn did shine
With all-triumphant splendour on my brow;
But, out, alack! he was but one hour mine,
The region cloud hath mask'd him from me now.
Yet him for this my love no whit disdaineth;
Suns of the world may stain when heaven's sun staineth.

William Shakespeare - Sonnet XXXIII
1564 - 1616

No comments: