Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's a bit warmer and it's supposed to be raining, but it's not. Great big sloppy wet flakes are coming down thickly. Bah humbug!

Went grocery shopping with Denise and it's very slippery in spots. The roads aren't cleared all that well and there are frozen mounds along all the sidewalks downtown where the plows have pushed the snow. And the Overwaitea parking lot is slippery. However, all that being said, we got everything done. My bill was huge - I didn't shop last week because I wasn't feeling well and I could really tell today. Plus, there were a couple of in-store specials that could not be passed up.

Got a little more stitching on my oldest UFO yesterday but not enough to quite finish the left side. That is the goal for the weekend though.

When That I Was and a Little Tiny Boy

When that I was and a little tiny boy,
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
A foolish thing was but a toy,
For the rain it raineth every day.

But when I came to man's estate
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
'Gainst knaves and thieves men shut their gate,
For the rain it raineth every day.

But when I came, alas! to wive,
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
By swaggering could I never thrive,
For the rain it raineth every day.

But when I came unto my beds,
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
'With toss-pots still had drunken heads,
For the rain it raineth every day.

A great while ago the world begun,
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
But that's all one, our play is done,
And we'll strive to please you every day.

William Shakespeare - Twelfth Night
1564 - 1616

No comments: