Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know, it's January 5th already, but this is my first post of the year. Had a very quiet New Year's Eve, but I did manage to stay awake until midnight and see 2011 come in. And that doesn't always happen.

Did not get a lot of stitching done but there is some progress on mouse pad #4. Now to buckle down and get it and #5 done and sent away. It's a good thing these aren't Christmas gifts.

I got a new computer for Christmas! I'm so excited. This Notebook has been a life saver but I can't download my digital camera to it so that's why there have been so few pictures. The new one has a card reader so it will be so much easier. I just need to back up my old hard drive and then I can set up the new system.

It was weigh day yesterday and I am so discouraged - I went up 10.5 pounds. Yes, it was the holidays but I truly didn't think I had overindulged that much. I felt so defeated as I got off the scale. However, new resolve has come with a new morning and I start again.

When the Rye Reach to the Chin

When the rye reach to the chin,
And chopcherry, chopcherry ripe within,
Strawberries swimming in the cream,
And school-boys playing in the stream;
Then O, then O, then O my true love said,
Till that time come again,
She could not live a maid.

George Peele, c.1558 - c.1597

No comments: