Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We've been snowed on! Not a lot by most places winter standards, but a lot for us. Driving is bad, walking is worse and it's cold! LOL But looking out my front window at, and across the harbour, it's gorgeous.

Shakespeare again - and not the most cheerful of poems.

Come Away, Come Away, Death

Come away, come away, death,
And in sad cypress let me be laid.
Fly away, fly away, breath;
I am slain by a fair cruel maid.
My shroud of white, stuck all with yew,
O! prepare it.
My part of death, no one so true
Did share it.

Not a flower, not a flower sweet,
On my black coffin let there be strown;
Not a friend, not a friend greet
My poor corpse, where my bones shall be thrown.
A thousand thousand sighs to save,
Lay me, O! where
Sad true lover never find my grave,
To weep there.

from Twelth Night

No comments: