Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

3 March 2012

Hooray, hooray, my square for Gail's quilt is done! Finished it just before noon today, with no frogs - only a couple of knots. I am pleased with the result.




Just needs a light wash and iron and then I'll package it up and send it off, probably on Tuesday. Definitely expedited post.


And not only that, but I had just the right card in my collection. The front has a Thomas Kinkade style cottage and bridge with a quote from Helen Keller that says "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." Below that is "Just to let you know" and when you open it up, the inside reads "You are not alone". I'm really pleased with that.


"Success is counted sweetest"


Success is counted sweetest

By those who ne'er succeed.

To comprehend a nectar

Requires sorest need.


Not one of all the purple Host

Who took the Flag today

Can tell the definition

So clear of Victory


As he defeated -- dying --

On whose forbidden ear

The distant strains of triumph

Burst agonized and clear!


Emily Dickinson

1830 - 1886

No comments: