Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

1 March 2012

Well, I seem to have the frogs penned in - I got some real stitching done last night. Of the 4 "logs" that surround the centre design I have 3 of them finished, hopefully the last one and the back stitching tonight.

Did my first of the month weigh-in and I'm down another 6.5 pounds - 38 in all. It's never fast enough, but I am pleased. I still want to know why the weight goes on so much faster than it comes off!!

"I taste a liquor never brewed"

I taste a liquor never brewed --
From Tankards scooped in Pearl --
Not all the Vats upon the Rhine
Yield such an Alcohol!

Inebriate of Air -- am I --
And Debauchee of Dew --
Reeling -- thro endless summer days --
From inns of Molten Blue --

When "Landlords" turn the drunken Bee
Out of the Foxglove's door --
When Butterflies -- renounce their "drams" --
I shall but drink the more!

Till Seraphs swing their snowy Hats --
And Saints -- to windows run --
To see the little Tippler
Leaning against the -- Sun --

Emily Dickinson
1830 - 1886

No comments: