Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Early Christmas!


When I moved to Prince Rupert 3 decades ago (did I just type that?) there was a store called Grand Trunk Hobbies that I frequented A LOT. The couple who owned it, Laura and Dave were lovely people and kept a really wonderful cross stitch section of the store (Laura's hobby). Fast forward 10 years and they are closing shop. Fast forward again to yesterday. I get a call from Laura saying she can't stitch any more because of her eyes and would I be interested in the bits and pieces of cross stitch stuff she has left. I say yes and shortly after they arrive. WELL! This is what the 2 of them call "bits and pieces".

3 binders of cross stitch patterns and a large roll of vinyl weave.


A large tote with towels and cooler cup.


DMC and Bangor thread books.


Hoops, stretcher bars, tubes of fabric and at least 8 full floss boxes, bobbinated and labelled.


Not to mention some charts that hadn't made it into the binders and a few small kits.


I'm still sitting here in shock and with no idea why they would think of me after all this time. Can you yell SPOILED?

13 comments:

Kevonacrafts said...

Wow how lucky are you. You obviously were a very good customer. Enjoy.

Barb said...

I would say you hit a jackpot!

Preeti said...

You are lucky !! :) Although shouldn't be saying openly as someone couldn't stitch anymore because of eyes. But she was generous to give her stash to the right person who would value these gifts.

Julie said...

Now that's what a call a wonderful gift. Enjoy!

Vickie said...

How wonderful to be thought of and gifted so very, very generously! Good for you Bea!

D1-D2 said...

Christmas has come early to you :)

Tiffstitch said...

Oh my goodness! Clearly they remembered you fondly and wow... wow!!!

Sheryl said...

What a very generous person to gift you such a treasure trove of goodies, Laura must have been a keen needlewoman herself. Bet the folders of patterns are interesting.

Cathy said...

What a really special gift! You must have made an impression on them for them to remember you all these years! Have fun putting all the bits and pieces to use.

Mini said...

Wow Laura is so generous to pass along her treasure to you. I'm sure she knows it will be valued by you.

Brigitte said...

You are such a lucky girl :)))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You must have been a very loyal customer for them to think of you. What a wonderful idea to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it all too.

FlashinScissors said...

I really feel for Laura (I have an inkling of what it must be like for her, especially as my mum's eyesight is rapidly deteriorating too)! But she must have had fond memories of your visits to her shop, and, I guess, remembered how much you enjoyed your cross stitching too! It was very kind of her to think of you! You are a lucky lady! Enjoy!

Barbara xx