Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yesterday was a long day. I opened Sisters and spent several hours doing paperwork and setting up the membership payment schedule for February. We've had a really good January so it was more complicated than usual. Then I was able to spent a couple of hours working on the small cross stitch that I had with me - between interruptions of course.

Then I treated myself to lunch at Galaxy Gardens - it's about 1/2 a block from Sisters and a favourite spot - before I headed up to the hospital for an appointment. First time I had met this particular doctor - he was very good, but he didn't get done what was planned because of some unexpected surprises. Sometimes growing older just plain sucks! So, I'm rebooked and we'll try again.

But, the day finished with craft night with Cynthia. She was doing dish cloths (she never seems to be able to keep a supply on hand) and I was working on Patchwork. I have one colour and the back stitching to do on square #8. I am really enjoying the progress I'm making on various projects.

Piazza Piece

-- I am a gentleman in a dustcoat trying
To make you hear. Your ears are soft and small
And listen to an old man not at all,
They want the young men's whispering and sighing.
But see the roses on your trellis dying
And hear the spectral singing of the moon;
For I must have my lovely lady soon,
I am a gentleman in a dustcoat trying.

-- I am a lady young in beauty waiting
Until my truelove comes, and then we kiss.
But what grey man among the vines is this
Whose words are dry and faint as in a dream?
Back from my trellis, Sir, before I scream!
I am a lady young in beauty waiting.

John Crowe Ransom
1888 - 1974

No comments: