Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Well, the "little bit of snow" has turned into a LOT of snow - with more coming down - and I'm pretty much stuck up here on my hill. Not a big worry as I don't HAVE to be anywhere until Tuesday morning. However, I am going to find my cleats and my walking pole just in case I have to walk down the hill then. It's supposed to warm up to 6 degrees and rain tomorrow, but the weather forecast is never guaranteed.

It was my Cancer Support Group lunch yesterday and it was a great time. Especially now, it was so good to be with other women who understand exactly how I'm feeling and have been through the same thing. I came away feeling much more positive about everything.

After lunch I went down to the Craft Fair at the Civic Centre (and voted of course as the voting stations were also at the Civic Centre) and then had a lovely time wandering around looking at the skills and craftmanship of local people and some from Kitimat and Terrace. Bought a few things and found out the items I had put in were selling well. That's always a nice pat on the back.

Prayer the Church's Banquet

Prayer, the Church's banquet; Angels' age,
God's breath in man returning to his birth,
The soul in paraphrase, heart in pilgrimage,
The Christian plummet, sounding heaven and earth;
Engine against th' Almighty, sinner's tower,
Reversed thunder, Christ-side-piercing spear,
The six-days' world-transposing in an hour,
A kind of tune, which all things hear and fear;
Softness, and peace, and joy, and love, and bliss,
Exalted Manna, gladnes of the best;
Heaven in ordinary, man well dressed,
The milky way, the bird of Paradise,
Church-bells beyond the stars heard, the souls blood,
The land of spices; something understood.

George Herbert
1593 - 1633

No comments: