Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

My mouth is still bothering me, but I have managed to avoid getting dry socket, so that is a plus. And a very good thing, as my dentist has closed up his office for 2 weeks and I would have had to phone around until I found another dentist you would be able to look after me. I'm still chewing only on the left side of my mouth - hopefully I can stop that in a couple of days.

This is becoming a "don't wanna" day - I should be working on Sisters' books, I should be stripping the bed and washing the mattress cover, I should be stitching . . . but I don't wanna do any of it. It's a very good thing there is no one here who has to listen to me. There will probably be SOME stitching done, but I'm even lacking enthusiasm for that at the moment - probably because I'm doing a LARGE and boring block of orange that has to be finished before I can continue on to something a little more interesting.

Brahma

If the red slayer think he slays,
Or if the slain think he is slain,
They know not well the subtle ways
I keep, and pass, and turn again.

Far or forgot to me is near;
Shadow and sunlight are the same;
The vanish'd gods to me appear;
And one to me are shame and fame.

They reckon ill who leave me out;
When me they fly, I am the wings;
I am the doubter and the doubt,
And I the hymn the Brahmin sings.

The strong gods pine for my abode,
And pine in vain the sacred Seven;
But thou, meek lover of the good!
Find me, and turn thy back on heaven.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
1803 - 1882


No comments: